s神父发的信,得认真看一下。
一个无名的老人,留下的一首诗。
…
得认真翻译一下:
Crabby Old Man… 酸老头儿…
What do you see nurses? …What do you see? 看到什么了,护士?…你看到了什么?
What are you thinking…When you’re looking at me? 在想什么呢…当你看着我时候?
A crabby old man…Not very wise, 一个酸老头儿…不是很清醒,
Uncertain of habit…With faraway eyes? 难伺候的老头…神游的眼睛?
Who dribbles his food … And makes no reply. 饭淌得到处都是…话也没有一句。
When you say in a loud voice…’I do wish you’d try!’ 当你大声嚷…“拜托你给点儿力!”
Who seems not to notice…The things that you do. 却像完全没注意…你做的这些事。
And forever is losing …A sock or shoe? 而且永远都少一只…袜子或是鞋子?
Who, resisting or not …Lets you do as you will, 配合或者抗拒…任你随意处置,
With bathing and feeding…The long day to fill? 给他洗澡、喂饭…混完漫长的一天?
Is that what you’re thinking?…Is that what you see?这正是你想的吧?…这就你所见?
Then open your eyes, nurse…You’re not looking at me. 请睁开眼睛,护士…你根本没看着我。
I’ll tell you who I am…As I sit here so still, 我会告诉你我是谁…当我静静的坐着,
As I do at your bidding…As I eat at your will. 当我遵从你的命令…当我吃你喂的饭。
I’m a small child of Ten …With a father and mother, 我是个十岁的孩子…有爸爸和妈妈,
Brothers and sisters… Who love one another. 有兄弟姐妹…大家相亲相爱。
A young boy of Sixteen… With wings on his feet. 一个十六岁的男儿…脚底下带着风,
Dreaming that soon now … A lover he’ll meet. 想像着很快…就遇见个情人。
A groom soon at Twenty…My heart gives a leap. 一个二十岁的新郎…我的心仍会雀跃,
Remembering, the vows …That I promised to keep. 当我想起,那些誓言…我曾承诺会信守。
At Twenty-Five, now…I have young of my own. 二十五岁的年纪…我有了自己的孩子,
Who need me to guide…And a secure happy home. 需要我来教导…需要安全快乐的家。
A man of Thirty… My young now grown fast, 一个三十岁的男人…孩子们长得很快,
Bound to each other…With ties that should last. 大家紧密相连…那应是永恒的纽带。
At Forty, my young sons…Have grown and are gone, 到了四十岁,…孩子们长大并离开,
But my woman’s beside me…To see I don’t mourn. 但妻子在我身边……有她便不伤感。
At Fifty, once more,… babies play ’round my knee, 五十岁的时候,再一次,孙子们在膝边玩闹,
Again, we know children …My loved one and me. 再一次,我们认识孩子…我的爱人和我。
Dark days are upon me …My wife is now dead. 黑暗的日子降临…我妻子已经去世。
I look at the future…Shudder with dread. 想到往后日子…恐惧到颤栗。
For my young are all rearing…Young of their own. 而我的孩子们…正为他们的孩子们操劳。
And I think of the years…And the love that I’ve known. 我想着那些日子…那些我所知的爱。
I’m now an old man …And nature is cruel. 我现在老了…自然很残酷,
Tis jest to make old age…Look like a fool. 活到一把年纪…看着像个傻子。
The body, it crumbles… Grace and vigor, depart . 身体,总在打抖…健康与活力,远去。
There is now a stone…Where I once had a heart. 在我心脏的地方…剩下冰冷的石头。
But inside this old carcass…A young guy still dwells, 但在这残躯之中…仍住着一位少年,
And now and again…My battered heart swells. 现在,再一次…破败心在鼓胀,
I remember the joys…I remember the pain. 我记得那些欢乐…我记得那些痛。
And I’m loving and living…Life over again. 我爱着,我活着…世间走过一遍。
I think of the years, all too few…Gone too fast. 想着那些岁月,太短…太快。
And accept the stark fact…That nothing can last. 接受那残酷的事实…没什么能够永恒。
So open your eyes, people…Open and see. 所以,睁开你的眼睛,人啊…睁大眼睛去看。
Not a crabby old man…Look closer…See ME!! 不是一个酸老头儿…看仔细些…看我!!
…
不喜欢这诗,既悲观,又不甘心。
…
差不多的意思,还是得看《红芍药》:
人生百岁,七十稀少。更除十年孩童小,又十年昏老。
都来五十岁,一半被睡魔分了。
那二十五载之中,宁无些个烦恼。
仔细思量,好追欢及早。遇酒逢花堪笑傲,任玉山倾倒。
对景且沉醉,人生似,露垂芳草。
幸新来,有酒如渑,要结千秋歌笑。
——把帐算清楚来,然后酒啊花呀景呐友呀,一起歌吧!